We are currently seeking to recruit a full time Maintenance Fitter to join our team based in Mountcharles, Co Donegal. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director and will lead the maintenance team with overall responsibility for plant maintenance and ensuring downtime is minimised.
The successful candidate will be expected to diagnose faults & improve overall preventative maintenance on all machinery. They will have full responsibility of routine maintenance and servicing of plant equipment and machinery in an efficient and safety driven manner.
- Routine maintenance and servicing of plant equipment and machinery in our locations in Donegal.
- Development and implementation of plant wide preventative maintenance programme.
- Diagnosing Breakdowns.
- Sourcing, ordering and installing parts on machinery and equipment.
- Scheduling periodic testing of safety equipment and maintaining records of same.
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, cutting and shaping, PLC-controlled equipment, also pneumatic control systems and conveying systems
- Confirming that all safety features on equipment are maintained and operational.
- Ensure that Preventative Maintenance is carried out and documented.
- All spare parts stocks for equipment are accurate and up to date.
- Support Production Team during manufacturing run.
- Closely monitor machine performance
- To work off your own initiative when a fault is detected and resolve the issue immediately.
Required Education, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Leaving Certificate and Time Served Trade in a mechanical discipline.
- 3 Years minimum plant fitting experience within relevant industry required.
- Electrical maintenance experience desirable
- Welding skills essential.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills required and sound knowledge of production environment.
- Solution orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Full driving Licence is essential.
Character & Personal Qualities:
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position.
- Well organised and detail oriented professional.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent time-keeper.
Salary and hours of work to be discussed at interview. Immediate start.
No later than 5.00pm on 16th November 2020. No agency assistance required.
Apply for this Job