The role of the Daily Planner is to assist in the day to day planning and allocation of work and equipment to drivers and sub-contractors. We operate a large fleet of trucks from our depots in Donegal, Swords and Lisburn and other regional locations covering retail deliveries, port work and general haulage.
This role will involve overseeing all multi-drop distribution activities for multiple drivers on a daily basis.
Your responsibilities and daily tasks will cover a wide variety and will include but not be limited to the following;
- Managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
- Monitoring and daily tracking of the trucks and equipment.
- Dealing with driver issues
- Booking and allocating jobs to drivers on our in-house system.
- Booking shipping and day to day route planning.
- Managing communications between drivers and collection / delivery locations
- Filing paperwork.
- Compiling reports.
- Importing Data.
- Dealing with daily customer queries via phone and email.
- Maintaining an organised office environment.
Required Education, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 6 months previous work experience in an office environment.
- Previous experience in a logistics or transport company highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Have excellent PC skills.
- Be able to work well in a face paced environment.
- Be able to problem solve and take own initative to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Be able to work well as part of team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent English both written and spoken and additional language desirable.
Full training and mentoring will be provided to the successful candidate. Immediate start
No later than 5.00pm on 16th November 2020. No agency assistance required.
Apply for this Job